Preparing For Your Sleep Study
In preparation for your appointment for a home based sleep study, please note the following important points:
- Wash before your appointment, as once your device is fitted, it must not get wet.
- Do not apply moisturiser or makeup.
- Wear a loose top which unbuttons at the front and loose pants, as the device is fitted directly to your skin. You will have sensors applied at your chest, head, fingers and legs.
- Please go directly home after the equipment has been fitted.
- As your sleep monitoring device may not work if bumped, we recommend that you do not travel via public transport after fitting.
- Take your regular medications, unless otherwise instructed by your referring doctor.
- The monitoring device needs to be returned by 9:30am on the day following the test.
- Alternate times may be possible, but this must be discussed prior to your appointment.